Red Cross Japan Relief Effort
It’s been about 2 months since Japan experienced one of the worst natural disasters in their country’s history. Even though the crisis is no longer making front page headlines, the people of Japan still have a long road ahead to clean up and rebuild. The need now is greater than ever.
For the 6th Annual Black Tie Bonza Bash, we’re proud to support the Red Cross Japan Relief Effort.
How to Help
- Come to the Bonza Bash and participate in our charity raffle - at the event we’ll be conducting a great charity raffle with some awesome prizes. 100% of the proceeds of the raffle go directly to support the Red Cross Japan Relief Effort.
- Add a donation at the time of ticket purchase - when you purchase your ticket on Shindigg.com, you can add a donation at the time of ticket purchase. It’s quick and super easy – we’ll aggregate all of the money we collect and make one big donation to the Red Cross.
- Donate directly on the Red Cross website – if you prefer, feel free to donate directly on the Red Cross website.
A Message From the Red Cross
Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami
Our hearts go out to the people of Japan and the other survivors of the earthquake and tsunami. We are working closely with our colleagues in the Pacific region to offer our support and they have said they are grateful for it.
The Japanese Red Cross is highly experienced, with over 2 million volunteers. The organization is using its resources to help the Japanese people in many ways, including:
- deploying 425 medical teams to help with emergency needs,
- serving hot meals and helping to operate shelters in over 2,000 locations,
- distributing more than 125,000 blankets, 25,000 disaster kits and 11,000 sleeping sets to those in evacuation centers
- offering psychosocial support with over 2,400 nurses trained in giving emotional comfort.
- connecting families and loved ones through a special web site with over 5,600 people registered
The American Red Cross is offering support to the Japanese people in a number of ways, including:
- helping U.S. military families who are voluntarily departing Japan by providing food, drinks and comfort items
- contributing $60 million to the Japanese Red Cross
- funding about half of the UN World Food Programme’s logistical operations in Japan
You can help people affected by disasters like floods, fires, earthquakes and tsunamis, as well as countless crises at home and around the world, by making a donation to support American Red Cross Disaster Relief. Your gift enables the Red Cross to prepare for and provide shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance in response to disasters. You can make a donation and help by:
- Visiting seattleredcross.org,
- Calling 1-800-RED-CROSS, or
- Texting REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation
- Getting prepared and trained at the Red Cross for disasters that could affect our community. Visit seattleredcross.org for more information.